Core principles of Piprate’s platform architecture
Piprate’s platform principles guide its fundamental architecture. They include:
- We strive to promote and adhere to and promote the FAIR data principles, which aim to maximise both the short-term potential for automated data discoverability and reuse, and the long-term value of the data.
- Data is a valuable corporate resource with real, measurable value. Data management and sharing platforms should provide sharing capabilities, accessibility, and the same security as any other valuable corporate asset.
- Primary data owners/ beneficiaries should always (subject to technical limits) have full access and the option of full custody of their data assets, even in an event of complete platform shutdown or extended downtime.
- It is desirable to eliminate data copying and movement. This creates a modern enterprise data architecture that reduces cost, increases freshness, and optimises agility.
- Security and privacy are at the centre of Piprate’s platform architecture. Only authorised parties should be able to access the data available through the platform. Access minimisation should be followed at all times.